Selecting the perfect daytime cocktail is more complicated than you’d expect. It has to keep you refreshed in the hot summer sun and taste delicious, while being mild enough to sip all day without risk of overdoing it. But let’s be honest, when we have a cocktail we like it to have a little bite. Therein lies the problem; balancing a solid drink with something you can stand to drink all day.
This Tangy Shandy Punch is perfect for outdoor parties. It has just the right amount of bite to let you know you’re drinking, but mild and refreshing enough to sip all day.
- 10 oz applejack
- 12 oz fresh lime juice
- 6 oz fresh maple syrup
- 2 oz apple cider vinegar
- 32 oz chilled wheat beer (Hefeweizen)
- 8 oz chilled club soda
- 4 lemon wedges
- 4 lime wedges
- Combine applejack, lime juice, maple syrup, and apple cider vinegar into a large pitcher.
- Cover and chill for at least two hours.
- Gently stir in club soda and wheat beer.
- Fill highball or rambler with ice.
- Divide among glasses.
- Garnish with lime or lemon wedge.