This Rock and Rye recipe is dangerously smooth!
Rock and Rye has become one of our favorite drinks to sip around a campfire. It’s really easy to make ahead of time, portion out – and bring along as a potent sipper on a camping trip. In this Rock and Rye recipe, we share our basic recipe for “Rock & Moonshine Rye” using Sugarlands Distilling Unaged Rye as the base. Adding orange and lemon peels, dried apricots and cherries – and of course – rock sugar.
- 750ml Sugarlands Jim Tom’s Signature Unaged Rye Moonshine
- 6oz Rock Candy
- 1 Orange Peel
- ½ Lemon Peel
- Dried Cherries
- Dried Apricots
- Cinnamon Stick
- Set aside ~4oz of Sugarlands Jim Tom’s Signature Unaged Rye Moonshine
- Directly in the mason jar, add all ingredients.
- Place jar in a dark place for 2 days, up to 30 days.
- Portion finished product into 4oz jars.