If you are like me, you absolutely love desserts. Nothing satisfies my sweet tooth better after a long day outside than a pie cooked over a fire. This cherry cream cheese pie is one of my favorite dessert recipes for the Pie Iron. The recipe keeps it really simple so there is no preparation needed before-hand, which I love! It’s the perfect ending for the whole family after dinner.
S’mores around the campfire are always a campfire dessert tradition but these cherry cream cheese pie desserts have become a family favorite. With only 6 ingredients the pies are easy to assemble using Pillsbury crescent rolls and cherry pie filling. This is definitely a recipe that kids can make and most really enjoy being able to create their own dessert.
We originally found this on a forum and decided to give it a try, we are happy we did!
- 1 8 oz tube crescent rolls
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- Powdered Sugar
- Unroll the crescent roll dough, take two triangles sections from dough and press the seams together.
- Use the pressed together crescent roll and place it in one half of the buttered pie iron.
- Top dough with a couple tablespoons of cherry pie filling and 1 tablespoon of cream cheese.
- Place other half of dough on top and press dough down inside pie iron around the edges. Make sure the edges are sealed.
- Close the pie iron and cook over medium coals for 5 to 8 minutes, turning occasionally and until golden brown.
- Dust with powdered sugar just before serving.