The one thing I have to do on every camping trip is roast a marshmallow. Ok, ok a few marshmallows. But I started to think, there’s got to be more than just roasted marshmallows and s’mores. I then discovered this peanut butter and marshmallow dessert. Wow – mind blown.
This peanut butter and marshmallow dessert combines a bunch of my favorite things. Peanut butter, marshmallows and bananas. If you’ve never had peanut butter and bananas you are missing out. Plus this dessert is so easy to make it doesn’t require any prep time at home. We saw this recipe and instantly knew we wanted to make it. We have since made a few variations to change it up from time to time. Like instead of using peanut butter, use Nutella – it gives the dessert a whole new taste. This peanut butter and marshmallow dessert has pretty much become a staple on any camping trip or bonfire we have. It is super easy to make in the pie iron and the kids can help assemble their dessert which is something they seem to enjoy. You do have to be careful for burning, it is definitely worth check on it every few minutes to see how done the bread is.
- 2 slices of bread
- 2 Tbsp. of creamy peanut butter
- ½ banana, sliced
- 2 marshmallows
- 2 tsp. butter, softened
- Spread butter or spray cooking oil on both insides of the pie iron.
- Spread one bread slice with peanut butter and top with bananas and marshmallows.
- Place remaining piece of bread on top and place inside the pie iron.
- Place in fire until golden brown on both sides.