Camping and cocktails go together like, well, you know how well they go together. With spring upon us, and summer right around the corner, it’s hard to beat relaxing in the sun with a light and refreshing cocktail. We like our cocktails to be fun, delicious and easy to make while we are camping. If you are looking for something different from your usual camping cocktail creations (be honest, some of these can be a hodgepodge of whatever you have on hand), check out our Kingston Colada Cocktail for a delicious, fresh twist on a classic summer cocktail that is incredibly easy to make.
This is a variation of the classic Kingston. Rather than using coconut cream, try using coconut water to freshen it up a bit. Pick your poison with the garnish. If sweet is your thing, go with the pineapple wedge. It adds a whole new level of sweet to this cocktail. So plan ahead a bit and remember to bring fresh fruit and juice. You can substitute with canned pineapple juice but the fresher the better.
- 1.5 ounces rum (light or gold)
- 1.5 ounces coconut water
- 2 ounces fresh pineapple juice
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Lime wedge to garnish (or try a wedge of fresh pineapple)
- This truly is about the easiest cocktail to make. Add all ingredients to a rocks glass filled with ice. Stir, and garnish with a lime or pineapple wedge. See, told you that was easy.