In spirit of Halloween, I want to share a simple recipe that is also fun to make. Jack O Lantern grilled cheeses take only 5 minutes to make. I love to make these cute treats around Halloween in a pie iron over the fire with my nieces and nephews. These grilled cheeses are a favorite among the younger members of my family because they are cute and fun to make. All you have to do is cut the design you want out of a couple of slices of bread and you have a meal even the pickiest of eaters will enjoy.
Check out the full article and more Halloween recipes at Diethood.
Photo Credit: Diethood
- 4 slices sandwich bread
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 slices Cheddar Cheese
- Take two slices of bread and cut out shapes using pairing knife to make jack-o-lantern faces.
- Preheat pie iron in the fire.
- Generously butter all four slices of bread.
- Place unshaped slice butter-side-down into one side of the pie iron and add 2 slices of cheese on top.
- Take the shaped slice, butter it, and put it on top of the sandwich, butter-side-up and close the pie iron.
- Continue grilling until cheese is melted.
- Repeat with remaining 2 slices of bread and cheese slices.