Waking up on a crisp morning, inside your warm and cozy tent is a moment I treasure every camping trip. The only thing that can make that moment better is the thought of warm, gooey, scrumptious caramel cinnamon rolls just a quick 30 minute cook time away from my mouth.
I have really enjoyed using my dutch oven while camping lately. It took me a while to get on the bandwagon but now that I have found the simplicity of cooking with it, there is no looking back. One of my most favorite meals of the day is a good hearty breakfast and you can’t go wrong with cinnamon rolls. I would also suggest doing a little bit of the prep work at home, to make it faster at the campsite. I adapted this recipe from the Rhodes Bread website, and I am certainly glad I did.
- 18 Cinnamon Rolls, from a tin, you will need multiple
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup graham cracker crumbs
- Frosting that comes with cinnamon rolls
- ⅓ cup caramel ice cream topping
- Cut each roll into 4 pieces and arrange in the bottom of a 14-inch Dutch oven lined with aluminum foil or sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a bowl combinebrown sugar, cinnamon, and cracker crumbs.
- Sprinkle evenly over cut rolls.
- Cover with lid and bake at 350°F 25-30 minutes.
- For icing combine frosting with caramel topping. Drizzle over cinnamon rolls while still warm.