You might have seen bacon-wrapped shrimp before, but have you ever tried it stuffed with this special cream cheese filling? Of all the bacon-wrapped shrimp recipes out there, this one is by far the 50 Campfires team’s favorite. Although, we will admit to being partial to any recipes we can make using a grill, but who isn’t?
Those who love shrimp cannot deny the added flavors that a good grill or smoker can bring to the experience. Add the special cream cheese filling and wrap the whole thing in bacon and now you’re talking. Make your taste buds sing a bacon-wrapped shrimp love song. Grill these up as an appetizer or even a main course for your next meal. But be warned, if you’re having a big get together, make sure you make enough shrimp to go around. 50 Campfires will not be held accountable for family fights over the last delicious Cheese-Stuffed Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp!
Pro tip: If you want even better flavor, try using cedar or alder wood for a delicious smoke flavor. You can even try cooking them on a cedar or alder wood plank. Remember, becoming a good cook is all about experimentation.
- 8 oz. regular cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp. regular mayonnaise
- ½ cup dry breadcrumbs
- 3 green onions finely chopped
- ½ tsp. seasoned salt
- ⅛ tsp. pepper
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- In a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese and mayo until smooth.
- Mix in breadcrumbs, chopped onions and seasonings.
- Fire up the grill to medium heat, about 350 degrees.
- On a flat surface, lay shrimp out, upside down, tails out, butterflied area open.
- Press 1 TBSP filling into each shrimp.
- Wrap each shrimp in bacon and skewer to hold bacon in place
- Place skewer on grill over indirect heat for 15 minutes.
- Remove from grill and serve immediately