There’s nothing better than an easy to make, but ever so tasty pot roast. Here’s a great 8-ingredient recipe that takes just under 2 hours to prepare and cook. Did we mention it’s a venison pot roast? If your stomach wasn’t growling before, it sure as heck should be now.
The CanCooker and CanCooker Jr. are quick and simple to use and any heat source available will work. Layer your favorite vegetables on the bottom and meats on top. Add 12 ounces of any liquid—water, soft drinks, beer, juice or marinades—and your choice of seasonings before locking down the lid. Then just place the CanCooker over any heat source that will boil water. Within 15 minutes, you’ll see steam, and about 45 minutes later, your complete mouth-watering meal for your entire group will be ready to serve.
- 3 lb venison roast
- 1 onion quartered
- 6 carrots cut into small chunks
- ½ lb of potatoes cut into small chunks
- 3 cups of Cabernet Sauvignon wine (one you would like to drink)
- 3 cups of beef broth
- 3 cups of water
- ½ teaspoon of each salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon each of ground, Thyme, Rosemary, Oregano and Parsley
- Spray inside of CanCooker with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour in all of the liquids and seasonings, mix well.
- Insert racks.
- Add the potatoes, carrots, onion and venison.
- Close lid and latch.
- Put on a medium/low cooking surface and once it starts steaming, cook for 90 minutes.
- Remove from heat source and let sit for a couple minutes, remove lid and with a long handled spoon remove all the food and racks.
- Stir in a mix of water and cornstarch* to thicken the gravy and now you are ready to serve!
- *Cornstarch/water mix: 2 tablespoons of cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of water.
In response to customer demand, CanCooker™ has announced the availability of its inaugural cookbook, Everyone Can Cook with a CanCooker™. This new spiral-bound cookbook is a compilation of more than 100 pages of mouth-watering, crowd-pleasing, kitchen-tested recipes, each one created specifically for the CanCooker and CanCooker, Jr.