S’mores aren’t the only sweet treat you can make over the campfire. Learn how to take your camp breakfast to the next level with these flakey campfire orange cinnamon rolls!
Early a.m. wakeups at the campsite don’t always inspire elaborate breakfasts. But Cliff bars and cereal are basic, and you deserve to start your day with something that’s satisfying and easy. This recipe only requires two ingredients and about 3 minutes of prep time! Let the rolls bake over the fire and by the time you’ve changed out of your PJs they’ll be ready to enjoy.
The first time my husband and I camped together I thought I would impress him by making monkey bread in a foil packet over the campfire. The results, unfortunately, were less than impressive. It turned out undercooked in some places and blackened in others, basically a burnt, gooey mess!
Thankfully I found this campfire orange cinnamon rolls recipe, and with a little adaptation, I completely redeemed myself! The orange provides the protection the pastry needs to bake to golden perfection. Sometimes I grate the peel and add the zest to my icing for extra orange flavor!
- Pillsbury Flaky Cinnamon Rolls
- 4 large oranges
- Cut oranges in half
- Use a spoon and scoop out the insides of your oranges- eat!
- Open up your cinnamon rolls and place one dough inside of each orange half
- Press your cinnamon roll snuggly inside your orange
- Wrap in aluminum foil
- Place on your fire for 25-30 minutes or until your dough is cooked
- After cooked, top with icing and orange zest (optional)
- Enjoy a fresh orange cinnamon roll!