Campfire Chocolate Cake + Fathom IPA
There's nothing quite like the combo of chocolate cake and a cold IPA beer. In this quick campfire pairing, we combine chocolate orange campfire cakes with the sessionable Fathom IPA from Ballast Point Brewing. Delicious!
Author: Nick Grzechowiak
Recipe type: Adult Dessert
Serves: 6 Orange Cakes
- 6 Fresh Naval Oranges
- 1 Box Chocolate Cake Mix
- 3 Eggs
- ¼ Cup Oil
- 1 Cup Water
- Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil
- 6 Pack Ballast Point Fathom IPA
- Slice the tops off the oranges about ¾ of the way from the top.
- Set orange tops aside.
- Using a spoon, scoop out the insides of the oranges.
- Prepare the boxed chocolate cake, using the directions the box.
- Spoon cake batter into hollowed oranges, ¾ full.
- Replace orange tops.
- Wrap filled oranges in heavy duty foil.
- Place foil wrapped oranges directly in coal bed for 25 mins.
- When cooked, exterior of orange will be firm to the squeeze.
- Eat cake directly from the oranges, taking a sip of Ballast Point Fathom IPA between bites.
- *NOTE: This recipe is directed toward those of legal drinking age.