Anytime we get to throw bacon in to a recipe our mouths start watering. This Bacon Cheese Pull Aparts in the Dutch oven recipe is easy, tasty, and oh so good! The pull aparts are great as a breakfast, side dish or a snack. An excellent way to use your Dutch oven while you are camping.
You can use any frozen dinner rolls, we prefer Rhodes, just as this recipe suggests. The recipe does take a little bit of prep time such as cooking the bacon. But we always just do that at home before we leave, cut it up and keep it in the cooler. You will also need to let the dough rise once you get everything in the Dutch oven. Just watch if it is really hot because they could rise much quicker. If you keep in the refrigerator or cooler, you can slow the rise to take overnight, which can work out great to deliver these a breakfast treat.
Dutch oven cooking can take some getting used to but if you do a little research and a few tests runs any one can make great meals with a dutch oven.
By the way –
Here’s our favorite Dutch Oven.
And here’s the best way to clean it.
- 14 Dinner Rolls, thawed but still cold
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 8 pieces cooked bacon, broken into small pieces
- Cut each roll in half.
- Melt butter and pour into a 12-inch Dutch oven.
- Roll cut rolls in butter until coated and arrange in Dutch oven.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bacon.
- Cover with lid and let rise until the dough doubles in size.
- Bake at 350°F 20-25 minutes.
- Dutch Oven Temperature Control using Briquettes: 350°F in a 12-inch Dutch oven, oven top 16, oven bottom 8.