The bagel is an urban commuter staple. America’s largest city is legendary for them. But bagels are also a fantastic camping carb cornucopia. A couple of bags of grocery store bagels are great keepers and stand up to the rigors of travel way better than squishy bread. Here are delicious suggestions for camping with bagels.
American Bagels For Breakfast
A bagel, an egg, Spam and cheese -- there's no breakfast more American than that.
Author: 50 Campfires
Recipe type: Breakfast
Cuisine: Campfire Cooking
- 1 bagel
- 1 egg
- 2 ¼-inch thick slices of Spam
- ⅛ cup grated cheddar cheese
- Sirracha sauce to taste
- Fry Spam and egg in skillet. Break egg yolk and fry until hard.
- In the meantime, split the bagel, butter the faces, and toast on grate over campfire or grill.
- Place egg on toasted bagel.
- Place spam slices on egg.
- Top with grated cheese and Sirracha sauce.
- Add other half of toasted bagel on top.