Kids love camping. Kids love Top Ramen. Kids love mac ‘n cheese. This recipe puts them all together in a great dish that you can prep ahead of time at home and finish at the campfire or whip together right there on the spot. There’s nothing about this one you’re kids won’t love. Dig in![adrotate banner=”140″]
Nissin Top Ramen 'N Cheese
Author: 50 Campfires
Serves: serves 4-6
- 2 packs of Nissin Top Ramen Chicken Flavor
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 3 tablespoons of flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 strips of bacon, fried crisp
- white pepper
- ¾ cup grated Mexican 4-cheese blend
- olive oil cooking spray
- In a sauce pan or small Dutch oven, use medium heat to melt the butter.
- Stir in the flour and cook for two minutes, stirring constantly.
- Whisk in the milk about ½ cup at a time. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Continue to heat mixture stirring constantly for about six minutes. Don’t let it burn or stick.
- Remove the heat, and stir in the grated cheese until its completely incorporated and the sauce is creamy and a bit thickened. Keep warm, but set aside.
- Prepare two packs of Nissin Top Ramen Chicken Flavor as shown on instructions on the package. At the end of the prep time, pour off as much excess moisture from the noodles as possible.
- Stir the cheese sauce thoroughly into the noodles, but being careful not to break them up too much.
- Spray another small Dutch oven with olive oil cooking spray.
- Pour the noodle and cheese sauce mixture into the greased Dutch Oven and cover.
- Heat to 350 degrees for about 25 minutes, checking every 10 minutes to see if noodles are getting brown on top.
- While this is baking, fry bacon crisp in a separate skillet. Set on paper towel to cool. When cool, crumble bacon.
- Serve baked noodles in a bowl with bacon crumbles over the top.