Your life is probably busy. Many of us are busy with demanding jobs, or kids, or pets, or all of the above. Point is, we need to relax and recharge those brain cells.
Downtime is essential for the brain. So here’s a list of things to do while camping that will help you use your brain in different ways that could “bulk up the muscle of attention.”
- Lay on your back in the middle of a field and watch the clouds drift by
- Take a nap in the middle of the day
- Climb a tree
- Skip rocks over water
- Collect bugs
- Read a good book
- Go for a run (or a walk)
- Lay down in a hammock and close your eyes (if you fall asleep, great!)
- Write a poem sitting outside
- Roll down a hill
- Bird Watch
- Watch a sunset
- Lay on your back at night and stare at the stars
So, next time you’re planning a camping trip leave some time for some of these relaxing activities to help your brain recharge. Your body will thank you.