These Things Last Forever
When I moved to Boulder, CO in 2002 I immediately noticed that everyone was cruising around on bikes with the same bag. They had this little swirly logo I’d never seen before. The first guy I talked to about the bag said, “Oh man, I’ve had this thing forever. They’re pretty much indestructible.” That’s all I needed to hear. I picked up a Timbuk2 Messenger Bag the same day. Eleven years later it still functions like it did on day one. Don’t get me wrong – it looks used. But it hasn’t suffered a single tear anywhere.
With a lifetime warranty and customizable colors to choose from, the Timbuk2 Messenger Bag is worth the purchase. Pick one up here.
Features from the manufacturer’s website:
- Durable ballistic nylon fabric.
- Waterproof TPU liner.
- True fit cam buckle for single-handed adjustments.
- Removable cross strap for cross-body stabilization while riding.
- Coordinating Strap Pad included.
- Cross strap not compatible with XS messenger.
- Color-coordinated three-zip front organizer help you remember what goes where. Size XS has a one-zipper front organizer; all other sizes have a 3-zipper front organizer.
- Napoleon side entry pocket with zipper closure for easy in/out without touching the messenger flap.
- Slightly padded internal slash pocket provides a padded, firm place for you to store files.
- Internal organizer for pens, phones, and other small stuff.
- Smart hook and loop placement for fast, easy closure and reduced sweater-pilling.
- Red key tether for keeping track of keys.
- Vista loop for attaching blinky bike lights.