I love to cook so as we head out camping I feverishly work on making unique recipes to try, everything from Ravioli Pie Iron Sandwiches to Foil Packet Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches. But sometimes you just crave a good steak, and there are very few things that are better than a perfectly grilled steak during your weekend outdoors. These Guinness Marinated Steaks blew our mind the first time we made them and are a perfect camping meal.
Trying to cut down on prep time at the campsite, these Guinness marinated steaks can mostly be completed ahead of time. At least the marinade anyway. This fully flavored marinade is easy to make and the rich, creamy flavor of the Guinness really shines through. To make ahead of time just combine all of the ingredients and add your steak. If you don’t plan on eating them the day you get out there, we suggest freezing the steaks in the marinade and just allow it to thaw slowly while you are enjoying your first few days at camp.
Now all you have to do at the campsite is fire up the grill and cook these delicious steaks to perfection. We always pair these steaks with grilled corn on the cob.
- 6 Steaks
- 20 ounces Guinness at room temperature
- 3 garlic cloves
- ⅔ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup onion, minced
- 5 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 5 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Combine the Guinness, garlic, soy sauce, onion, worcestershire sauce, dijon mustard and spices. Mix well in bag and add the steaks. Let marinade for at least 8 hours.
- To cook take the steaks out of the marinade and discard, grill to your preference.