The Camping Authority Announces Annual Gear Award for OMeals.
It may seem counter-intuitive that the 50 Campfires Gear of the Year team would award this honor to a product that provides an alternative to lighting a campfire. But we’re also realists. There are times and places where procuring what you need for a fire, building the fire, lighting the fire, and waiting for the fire to be ready are a pain in the backside…
For those places and times, a heartfelt 50C GOY cheer goes to… OMeals!
These homestyle and deluxe meals contain everything you need to enjoy a hot meal on the go – fully cooked food, heating pad, and utensil kit.
OMeal’s system works like this:
- Tear top of heater pack and remove heater. Insert heater into bag.
- Insert meal tray or pouch into OMeals bag. Ensure heater stays in proper position.
- Add 4-6 ounces of water to bag. Quickly seal bag and heat for recommended time (either 3-5 or 4-7 minutes).
- Carefully open bag and let stand for one minute. Remove meal pouch or tray, open, stir and enjoy!
- Place waste in bag for disposal. Keep our planet (and campsites clean.)
Heated, eaten, cleaned up … and it was DELICIOUS. Yes, sometimes (not many, but some) a campfire is overrated. Thanks, OMeals. Try their four-pack for yourself!