When I am camping in the Fall, I crave hearty, comfort food. Nothing satisfies that craving like this Dutch oven pork chops and potatoes recipe. Easy preparation is key when camping and this simple meal makes cooking at the campsite a breeze.
The addition of croutons really gives this dish its flavor along with the creaminess of the Cream of Mushroon soup. I would recommend getting boneless pork chops as it can make it easier to cook.
- 4 Pork Chops
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- ¾ cup water, divided
- 3 medium potatoes, cubed
- 1 can Cream Of Mushroom soup
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Heat the Dutch oven on the campfire. Add the olive oil.
- Season your pork chops with salt and pepper.
- When the oil is hot, lightly brown the pork chops.
- Melt the butter in a separate pan. In a bowl mix together butter, bread crumbs, and a ¼ cup of water.
- Spoon that mixture over the pork chops and turn them to coat.
- Place the cubed potatoes on top of your pork chop mixture.
- Cover the entire thing with the cream of mushroom soup mixed with the remaining ½ cup water.
- Assemble coals under and on top of Dutch oven, then bake for 1 hour at around 350 degrees.
Looking for more recipes? Subscribe to our free digital magazine below.
(Don’t worry, it’s only once a month. We won’t bug you the rest of the time 😉 )