When I am camping in the Fall, I crave hearty, comfort food. Nothing satisfies that craving like this dutch oven pork chops and potatoes recipe. Easy preparation is key when camping and this simple meal makes cooking at the campsite a breeze.
The addition of croutons really gives this dish its flavor along with the creaminess of the Cream of Mushroon soup. I would recommend getting boneless pork chops as it can make it easier to cook. We adapted this recipe from Mike Marlow and are sure happy we found it! He has some other really great camping articles that you can check out here.
- 4 Pork Chops
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- ¾ cup water, divided
- 3 medium potatoes, cubed
- 1 can Cream Of Mushroom soup
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Heat the dutch oven with olive oil. Season your pork chops with salt and pepper. Add pork chops to the heated dutch oven.
- Melt the butter in a separate pan. In a bowl mix together, butter, bread crumbs and a ¼ cup of water. Pour that mixture over the pork chops and let it coat them.
- Place the cut up potatoes on top of your pork chop mixture. Cover the entire thing with the cream of mushroom soup and the remaining ½ cup water.
- Bake for 1 hour at around 350 degrees
Looking for more recipes? Subscribe to our free digital magazine below.
(Don’t worry, it’s only once a month. We won’t bug you the rest of the time 😉 )