We always love a good dessert when we are camping. Especially when the dessert is easy to make. This delicious peach and berry cobbler is an easy dutch oven recipe and goes over well with both kids and adults.
This recipe has a great topping that truly makes this one of the best cobblers I have ever made. We love that it combines berries and peaches which give it a sweet and tart taste. We got this great photo from familyspice.com, it sure makes our mouths water!
- Ground cinnamon
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ½ cup baking mix
- 2 (16-ounce) cans sliced peaches in heavy or light syrup, or in fruit juice
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 2¼ cups baking mix
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- ½ cup milk
- Cinnamon sugar (1/4 cup sugar combined with 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon; store in an empty spice shaker jar; shake well before each use)
- Spray a Dutch oven with vegetable oil cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Drain 1 can of the peaches. Combine both cans of peaches, including the juice from the undrained can, the blueberries, if using, the baking mix, sugar, and a sprinkling of cinnamon. Place this mixture into the Dutch oven.
- To make the topping: Combine the baking mix, sugar, butter, and milk in a resealable plastic bag. Drop bits of dough, using your fingers, on top of the peaches. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Place hot coals on the Dutch oven and heat for 30-45 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and crusty.