I’ve always been a sucker for cheesecake (but who isn’t, right?), so when I found a dutch oven cheesecake recipe that I could make while camping, I had to try it. Right away. We were not disappointed.
I have learned to really love my dutch oven. You can make everything from breakfast to desserts in it! This dutch oven cheesecake recipe, that we adapted to make a little easier, came from scoutingmagazine.org. This recipe has proven to be pretty simple and has turned out well every time I have attempted it. My husband, who usually is not much of a sweets person, highly enjoyed it, which is always a win!
- Pre made honey graham cracker crust
- 5 packages (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
- Baking spray
- Start with a 10-inch Dutch oven heated to about 325 degrees.
- Lay the graham cracker crust in the bottom of the greased dutch oven and let it warm for a few minutes.
- In a separate bowl, add sour cream. Mix well. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing until just blended. Pour over crust.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, then check it. You will know when it is close to being done if the center of it is almost set.
- You will need to loosen the cake from around the edge. Take it out and let it cool before serving and adding toppings.