If you’re looking for a tasty recipe to help give you that boost of energy to get through the morning, you can’t go wrong with a hearty mix of breakfast sausage, eggs, and potatoes. Check out this yummy CanCooker Egg & Sausage Breakfast that is sure to wake you up and get your day started right!
The CanCooker and CanCooker Jr. are quick and simple to use and any heat source available will work. Layer your favorite vegetables on the bottom and meats on top. Add 12 ounces of any liquid—water, soft drinks, beer, juice or marinades—and your choice of seasonings before locking down the lid. Then just place the CanCooker over any heat source that will boil water. Within 15 minutes, you’ll see steam, and about 45 minutes later, your complete mouth-watering meal for your entire group will be ready to serve.
- 1 lb of breakfast sausage, broken up into small chunks
- 6 eggs (cooked hard, soft boiled, or poached)
- 1½ lbs of baby gold or red skin potatoes, cut up into small chunks
- 2 large peppers (red/green) cut up into small pieces
- 1 large onion cut up into small pieces
- 12 oz of water
- ½ stick of butter
- ¼ teaspoon of All Purpose Seasoning
- Spray non-stick spray inside CanCooker.
- Place potatoes, peppers, and onions into cooker. Add the sausage chunks next. Pour in the water, cut the butter in several tabs and place on top. Sprinkle in the All Purpose Seasoning.
- Close and latch lid and place on a low cooking heat source. Once it steams you will cook this dish for a total of 30 minutes.
- The eggs require 10 minutes for hard boiled and 4 minutes for soft boiled or poached. If you are going to cook them hard boiled, after 20 minutes of cook time remove cooker from heat source and let cool for a couple minutes.
- Open lid and carefully place eggs on top of food.
- Close and latch lid, return to heat source and bring it back to a steam and cook for 10 minutes. If you prefer soft boiled or poached you would do the same steps, after 26 minutes of cook time and steam them for only 4 minutes. Serve with homemade biscuits or rolls.
In response to customer demand, CanCooker™ has announced the availability of its inaugural cookbook, Everyone Can Cook with a CanCooker™. This new spiral-bound cookbook is a compilation of more than 100 pages of mouth-watering, crowd-pleasing, kitchen-tested recipes, each one created specifically for the CanCooker and CanCooker, Jr.