If you live in frigid temps you absolutely need to buy flannel lined jeans.
Every once in awhile you pick up a new piece of gear that drastically improves your life. You need to wake up in the morning and feel like you’re winning. For us this discovery was flannel lined jeans. It’s cold where we live, and you have to be prepared if you don’t want it to ruin your day. Once you discover flannel lined jeans the cold will control you no longer.
That said, here are 5 reasons you need to start wearing flannel lined jeans.
1. Looks like jeans, feels like pajamas. To the rest of the world you’re just wearing a pair of normal jeans, but that’s not your experience. From your end it feels like flannel pajamas all day.
2. No more frozen legs. You know the feeling. Your car is on the other end of the parking lot and it’s 3 degrees outside. With regular jeans your legs almost freeze solid. Flannel lined jeans? Not a big deal.
3. Better commute. Climbing into a frozen car seat sucks. Now it’s not so bad.
4. Better wind protection. Flannel lined jeans give you a very noticeable advantage on windy days. Trust us.
5. Warm no matter where you go. It’s surprising how many businesses are stingy with the thermostat in the winter. With your cozy flannel lined jeans it matters not. You’ll be comfortable regardless.
Ok, you’re convinced. You want to pick up a pair of flannel lined jeans, but which ones do you buy? You’re in luck! We reviewed four different brands to help you figure out which ones would be the best for you.
Old Navy Flannel Lined Jeans are a great option to brave the elements, if you can find them. Apparently the secret is out, because they are out of stock. They are stylish, reasonably priced, and hold up well. Clint is going on three years with a pair, and will easily get two more. They’re very comfortable and quite warm. If you’re lucky your local Old Navy will have a few pairs left.
Carhatt Relaxed Fit Flannel Lined Jeans were the heaviest and thickest pants we tested. The 15 oz denim combined with 4.5 oz flannel will stand up to anything you throw at them. Carhartt is known for it’s durability and these pants deliver. They sit a little higher on the waist than the others, so they’re a little different stylistically. One thing is certain, you can’t beat the durability here for the price. $33
Mountain Khakis Flannel Lined Mountain Jeans are perfect for a day in the woods or a night out on the town. They’re lightly fitted with a straight fit from the hip to the leg. The 10.8 oz denim and 5.6 oz flannel keeps you warm in the coldest temperatures. They’re triple stitched, and have a diamond gusset for extra comfort when squatting or sitting. They also feature a YYK zipper and 5 pocket design.
Duluth Trading Co’s DuluthFlex Firehose Fleece Lined Work Pants just might be the best pants ever made for outdoor exploring in cold temps. For starters, the 8 oz canvas is 3% spandex so they’re surprisingly comfortable. They are also coated with something they call FendOff™ finish, which repels rain and stains. This was noticeable when we were on our knees in the snow dealing with a car in the ditch. Lastly, they have a crotch gusset just like the Mountain Khakis, which makes them comfortable no matter what you’re doing in them.